Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Shiok and Greenhills

Shiok Greenhills (1)
The first Shiok I tried was in Bonifacio Global City near my previous workplace. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they have recently opened in the San Juan neighborhood at Promenade in Greenhills. So one weekend, in between shopping and some supermarket errands, I was able to try out Shiok.

Here's a shot of their menu (click on the picture to enlarge):
Shiok Greenhills
Shiok offers quick Singaporean and Malaysian food. From the Urban Dictionary, "shiok" is a term commonly used in Singapore and Malaysia "to convey pleasure or satisfaction". And I must say, the food in Shiok was indeed shiok :) We tried out the classic Hainanese chicken rice and soy chicken. Along with Wee Nam Kee and Orchard Road in Megamall, Shiok had one of the good Hainanese chicken rice in the Metro.
Shiok Greenhills (7)
Shiok Greenhills (10)
Shiok Greenhills (6)

I paired my chicken with some steamed kailan (P80) in accordance with the nutritionist's orders. I found it too salty for my taste though :(
Shiok Greenhills (9)

Not in accordance with the nutritionist's orders, however, was my order of the Milo Dinosaur (P60). This was soooo good. :)
Shiok Greenhills (2)


Shiok Greenhills (5)

For the Milo Dinosaur alone, I would definitely go back. And maybe try out their other dishes too. And of course, no visit to Greenhills would be complete without grocery shopping in Unimart and a quick run through the much-celebrated Greenhills tiangge (bazaar). :) Cheers!
Shiok Greenhills (14)
Shiok Greenhills (12)
Shiok Greenhills (11)

4 comments:

  1. I am planning to go to greenhills on weekend. Will definitely try Shiok. Thank you for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss going to Tiangge at Greenhills :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiangge shopping in greenhills is a must-do on weekends :) Ok, even on weekdays! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having Haianese chicken rice. Its one of my favorite meals when we were living in Singapore. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...