Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Color & Hair Treatments at Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell

 .
As most of my dear readers already know, my go-to hair stylist is Alex Carbonell of Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell salon. And it's simply just a bonus that among the top posts on this blog are my posts on my experiences with Alex, either from the first time I had my hair cut at his hands or the first time I had my hair colored with him.  In fact, readers who have left comments on my posts have also attested to how well he cuts hair and the superb service they themselves have received at Studio Fix.

And I was even happier when I went back again to Alex  in July when he told me that he had several customers who told him that they went to Studio Fix  after they read my blog. And so before I tell you about my latest Studio Fix experience, I'd like first to thank all those who have read my blog and were encouraged enough to take my word and try out Alex and Studio Fix. Alex even thanked me for sending those clients his way, and it was indeed truly heartwarming :) Here in Sunset Goddess Manila, I really feel happy and quite honored whenever I receive feedback about my posts and I'm glad I'm able to share such fab "finds" as Studio Fix with you :)

Now, on to the treatments.  So the last time I got color treatments from Alex was back in late February, where he gave me superb color and highlights.
.
On more than one occasion, I've gotten emails from readers asking me the exact color of my hair and unfortunately, I won't be able to answer that question because Alex mixes and matches the colors depending on your preferences and skin tone---resulting in a color that's unique and individually suited to each client.

It was now July or about five months since my last color treatment, and since then, I've gotten a rather drastic hair change (in the form of a digi perm in Bang's Tony and Jackey salon) and this was how my hair looked like:
.

While the highlights were still evident and amazingly, the color of my curls were still good, there was already obvious growth at the roots. It was definitely time to visit Alex once again and get a color update. I braved a stormy, rainy Saturday to visit Studio Fix and I'm glad I didn't let the rain stop me from getting my hair color fix!

I always get a sense of relaxation when I enter Studio Fix---it's several hours away of stepping back from life and pampering myself.  With the sense of relaxation is also excitement---from knowing that my hair will be given a new lease in life at the hands of experts, something which I can't do in real life.
.

And true enough, the "discoloration" of my colored hair was even more obvious when I was already in Studio Fix and getting ready for my treatment.
.

As I've said, Alex suits the hair color to the client's preferences and skin tone.  I told him that I wanted mine to have a more  ash color.  He also took into consideration that I had my hair digipermed and wanted to be more gentle on my hair.  Thus, he wanted to avoid coloring the bottom part.   Since that's the "older" part of the hair, that usually tends to be the area with more damage, compared to the top part which has newer growth.  So, he limited my color to the top portion of my hair then the color for the bottom part will come from the hair treatment.  He told me that my highlights were still ok, and they will still be brought out by the color.  I found that amazing since it has been five months since I had the highlights!

Just like last time, I requested for Ellie to be Alex's assistant.  But there was a time Ellie was busy with another client and it was even Alex himself who applied the hair color.
.

Studio Fix uses Schwarzkopf Professional Igoral Royal hair color and judging by my hair color five months after my treatment, the color was really long-lasting and it just needed some root touch-ups.
.
Aside from the hair color (Php2,100), I also got a hair treatment and Alex recommended that I try the Revlon Professional Nutri-Color Creme treatment (Php1,550).  It's more for the bottom portion of my hair, which needed a hair color update as well as a nourishing treatment.  Revlon's Nutri-Color treatment gives a moisture treatment plus hair color as well.  However, this has no ammonia and peroxide so it's gentle on the hair, something which Alex told me my hair needed especially considering that I had a digiperm.  The hair treatment came with a complimentary fabulous back and arm massage as well.
.
In effect, I got an almost-ombre effect hair color, and I was told that this was the trend for hair color these days. After the color and treatment, it was time for the Studio Fix "signature" blow dry care of Ellie.  I love how the brassy touches of my hair were gone and I love how the different shades all came together to create the ombre effect.
.
Then a final check with Alex.
.
And finally, of course, a visit with Alex will not be complete with our usual photo op :)
.

Several weeks on, this was how my hair looked life in my normal, daily life:
IMG_0321

And these are latest photos of my hair as of this post, with less of the ash and more of the golden blonde streaks of the color showing through (which I like as well):
IMG_0981
IMG_0983
Studio Fix is definitely a mainstay in my hair color regimen, whether with straight or permed hair. And Alex Carbonell is definitely my favorite stylist to date.

What are your favorite salons and who are your favorite stylists? How was your own Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell experience? Do let me know and once again, thanks for dropping by my blog :)




My other posts on Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell:
Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell and A Hair Story
Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell, Revisited

Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell
Level 4, Greenbelt 5
Makati City
Telephone: (632)-5013062 and (632)-5013064

7 comments:

  1. Lovely color! It looks softer and frames your face perfectly.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look so beautiful! He really picked a gorgeous shad that compliments your features and skin tone really well. I can see why you keep going back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the, such a nice color. It really pays to invest on your crowning glory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Everyone! Hi Sunset! Try to visit my blog http://iloveeverythingaboutit.blogspot.com ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...