Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lookbook: Thrifted at a Cozy Lunch

Zucchini's (35)_1
One of the things I like to do when I have the time is to go thrifting or vintage hunting or in the local parlance, ukay ukay. Yes, I can do high and low and mix and match and whenever I go thrifting, usually I'd get the high/designer/high street items at very very low prices. Such as this white dress from BCBG Max Azria at Php200 (about US$2). A few months ago I found a similar dress on Ebay Philippines at around Php4,000(nearly US$100), and that's still at a deep discount from its original price. So at Php200---how can that be anything but perfect?
Zucchini's (39)
Zucchini's (40)
.
Even at size XS, it has the perfect length and thankfully, with a stretch bodice that can accommodate my, er, unflat torso :) When I saw it in the vintage store, I almost yelped in delight and almost couldn't hide my surprised delight when they told me how much it was. Aside from having the patience to sift through the clothes, one must also take care not to show one's excitement when one finds treasures.

Since it was raining that day, I paired the dress with a printed coat, which was another vintage find which I scored for a measly Php50 (less than US$1).
Zucchini's (36)
Zucchini's

Thrifted BCBG Max Azria dress
Thrifted printed coat
Vintage style boxy bag bought at Greenhills bazaar
Charles & Keith belt
Forever 21 chandelier earrings
Juicy Couture chain bracelet
Pink pointed flats from bazaar
Taken at Zucchini's

As to where I actually bought my vintage finds, well, a girl has to keep the name of her good thrift stores a secret, along with the name of her Secret Mall, don't you think? :) That's all I can say for now. Just watch out for my project involving vintage finds, hopefully soon enough. Cheers! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow what great finds you have there! Lucky you! I agree, we must keep secrets sometimes :) Looking forward to your project!

    xx,
    Mikka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mikka :) and thanks for following! :) You're one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! :D ~ Ylah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...