Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tao Yuan Restaurant in Newport Mall

Tao Yuan (5)
One Sunday evening in April, my friend Alice celebrated a "milestone" for her son's honor and treated us to dinner in Tao Yuan, a Taiwanese restaurant in Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila.  I have eaten in Tao Yuan's Malate branch before and just like there, the lines in Tao Yuan in Newport were long and we had to wait several minutes for our table since we didn't make a reservation.
Tao Yuan (6)
The space was not as sprawling as the usual Chinese restos but the place was packed with tables. If you like to dine in quiet, don't eat in a Chinese restaurant!
Tao Yuan (7)
I was able to take photos of some pages of the menu before a waiter/ security person told me that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the menu. This was the first time something like this happened to me. Maybe it's because they're suspicious of possible competitors? Or they're not yet exposed to people who blog about restaurants? Well anyway, you can see some of the menu here.

Here are pictures of the food that we ordered:
Lobster first way
Tao Yuan (12)
Lobster second way
Tao Yuan (16)

The lobster was really expensive---as in ridiculously expensive. And so I ate a bit, despite my allergy to crustaceans. Curiously, I didn't have any overt allergic reaction that night like constricted throat and red patches. Maybe because the lobster and the shrimp were really fresh. While the "second way" for the lobster was really good (with vermicelli/sotanghon noodles), I think if it were just up to me, I wouldn't have ordered lobster. I still like the taste of crabs better :)
Scallops with broccoli
Tao Yuan (14)
Suahe. I couldn't resist this as they were so fresh and tasty.
Tao Yuan (13)
Tao Yuan's Hainanese Chicken is also one of the best in the metro
Tao Yuan (8)
Polonchay
Tao Yuan (17)
Salt and pepper spareribs. My Chinese resto staple :)
Tao Yuan (18)

Here's a shot of the receipt. I wasn't kidding about that lobster!
Tao Yuan (19)


Got some Lady Gaga-inspired shades from R
Tao Yuan (9)
All in all, Tao Yuan has good food, and really great fresh seafood and it's certainly one of the best restaurants in Newport Mall. If you're going there on a weekend, be sure to make reservations. But don't go there if you want a quiet and hushed ambiance because you won't get that in this particular Chinese restaurant!
Tao Yuan (25)
Tao Yuan
Outfit Post
Purple Forever 21 asymmetrical top
Lee skinny jeans
Plains n' Prints canvas and leather bag
Charles and Keith peep-toe heels

Wishing us all more good food and milestones to celebrate. Cheers! :)

3 comments:

  1. You should try cereal prawns! If you've been to Singapore, it's similar to No Signboard's. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion :) Wee Nam Kee in Ayala Triangle Garden has good cereal prawns. Will try No Signboard in Singapore the next time I visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...