Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ya Kun Kaya Toast in NAIA 2, Manila

On our way to our Ilocandia holiday, we had breakfast in Ya Kun Kaya Toast located in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Centennial Terminal 2 pre-boarding area. I had my first taste of Ya Kun Kaya in Singapore on my visit there in November 2010 and I remember liking it better than the kopitiam style coffeehouses locally such as Kopi Roti. I love this post by Singaporean blogger ieatishootipost :)

As can be seen from the sign by the entrance, what makes the coffee of Kun Kaya Toast better is that they brew their coffee the traditional Singapore way by "pulling their coffee". And this supposedly "gives the coffee a fuller body, extra richness and a delightful aroma".

They have toasts and other sandwiches and breakfast food. And of course, the coffee and tea.You can either get Coffee “O” or Tea “O,” which is black (as pronunciation of O in Chinese means black) or try it with a bit of milk and order Coffee “C” or Tea “C.” As for me, I prefer Coffee/ Kopi (the one with condensed milk!) Other drinks in the menu include Hot Milo, Hot Mocha, Hot Chocolate, Ginger Tea, and Japanese Green Tea.

I ordered Value Meal A- Kaya Toast Set (P180). 2 slices of kaya toast with butter and eggs and kopi. Yum :) The toast was as yummy as it was in Singapore :)


And the coffee, of course, always tastes different than the usual stuff we get in Starbucks and other coffee chains. For a notorious coffee drinker like me, that's always a good thing :)

Ya Kun Kaya Toast is also in Robinson's Place Manila and in Ortigas. Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...