Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sweet Weekend

Sweet Weekend (5)
Double chocolate chip cookie at the Marks and Spencer Bakery
Saturday was spent literally indulging in the sweets life has to offer and Sunday, getting back on track. Sometimes, we just have to give in and live life ---I just wish it didn't have to mean holding ourselves back on most days to make up for the indulgence.

This weekend, I discovered the Marks & Spencer Bakery in Eastwood Mall, possibly the only Marks & Spencer outlet in the country with a bakery, complete with freshly baked treats and good (but not so expensive) coffee. The double chocolate chip cookie was rich and moist (although after a while, it became too sweet for my taste) and their butter croissant is a real must-try---one of the best croissants I've had in a while.
Sweet Weekend (2)
Sweet Weekend (1)
Sweet Weekend (3)
Sweet Weekend (7)
Sweet Weekend (8)Sweet Weekend (12)

Then, I had dinner at Bugsy's at Forbestown Road in Global City, where I finally got to try the Buffalo Wings.
 Sweet Weekend (15)
Sweet Weekend (16)
Then for dessert, in nearby Bar Dolci, where we had gelato and the well-reviewed macarons. My favorites were the Pistachio and the Cafe.  If only all indulgences are as worthy as this.

Sweet Weekend (17)
Sweet Weekend (18)
Sweet Weekend (19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...