Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Angela Angeles Bijou Jewelry

I first met Angela Angeles back in college, when her older sister, Geline, was my blockmate and Geline would invite us over to their house whenever we had to do our group works. Back then, Angela was still in high school and I remembered that she was already doing beads.  Later on, she finished architecture in UST but she was always making jewelry and accessories on the side. 

So I was not surprised to learn that she took jewelry-related courses at the Fashion School Central Saint Martins in London.  And after becoming a finalist in a Philippine Jewelry Design competition, she received a full scholarship to the London chapter of Gemological Institute of America (GIA), where she took an intensive course on gemology and learned all about diamond grading, colored stones, as well as the different treatments and malpractices in the jewelry business. 

Catching up with her on Facebook, I was so proud to learn that she's now back home and has launched her jewelry collection.  While she has worked on several collections and with different mediums, she currently works with white metal alloys, silver, glass beads, and wire. I checked out her online store on Etsy and instantly fell in love with her pieces. 

I asked her if I could see personally see the pieces and I was able to try them out in Cura V in Power Plant Mall, where her pieces are also available for sale. 

I chose her Floral Angel earrings, which are made of white metal alloy and Swarovski crystals and dipped in zinc. It was gorgeous and intricate. I paid for them via bank deposit and she instantly shipped them to my house.
.

.
.
As I've said here before, it's all about quality over quantity these days. This is definitely not your ordinary fashion jewelry, and is a class beyond the usual bazaar or mall finds. Her pieces are not just well-designed but also well-made. Her jewelry line has classic designs but at the same time, are statement pieces, which makes them perfectly suited for my style.

I am also in love with her cuffs---I'm definitely getting one for my next purchase but I just can't choose which one! I like this Floral Angel Wing cuff from her Fierce Angel Collection. Inspired by French jewelry and opulence of the classic era, this piece resonates floral landscapes and angel wings. It's made from white metal alloy and plated in zinc and finished off with hundreds of tiny Swarovski crystals to get the bling factor. The cuff can even be worn facing front or back. Since each piece is handmade, there may be some variations from piece to piece. Making this cuff takes at least two weeks, unless there is stock.
Floral Angels Wings Cuff
Floral Angel Wing Cuff_when worn


And these are just some of her other cuff designs: 
Angel Wing Cuff Version 2
Angel Wing Cuff Version 2
Rainbow Cuff
Rainbow Cuff
Finn Cuff
Finn Cuff
And I also like her other earring designs and other pieces, like pendants:
Angel Wing Earrings
Angel Wing Earrings
Brown Agate Pendant Drops
Brown Agate Pendant Drops

For the intricacy of the designs of the pieces and the fine workmanship, you would find that her prices are very, very reasonable.  Angela believes in making jewelry as "wearable art" and instead of just working with precious stones such as diamonds, she chooses to create beautiful pieces that are still affordable for us chic girls who don't have super wealthy benefactors :)

Angela also makes custom-made bridal jewelry and hairpieces, as well as matching entourage sets. Her pieces are also perfect gifts for wedding sponsors and bridesmaids.

Angela Angeles is certainly a young jewelry designer to watch out for. In her future collections, she plans to experiment with more organic materials such as pearls, mother of pearl, horn, wood, and bamboo. I can't wait to see what she has in store next. But better to get a piece of her collection now, for I'm sure we will be hearing more of her in the future. Cheers!




For more on Angela's pieces,visit her blog at angelaangeles.com and her online shop.
You may contact her via ange_angeles@yahoo.com and at (+63)917-9585217

5 comments:

  1. The earrings are so nice Judy! I hope they're reasonably priced :) You should do a feature on the bib necklaces of your friend Pat too. She has nice pieces din.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea--- I'm just not sure if she's still making since she already passed the Bar :) Check out Angela's earrings Vera---yes, the prices are very affordable considering the materials and that the pieces are uniquely designed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first pair of earrings. Aren't they heavy naman? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing the earrings right now and they're not heavy at all :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...