Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

50 for 50 Project: Week 4


Week 4 of my 50 for 50 PROJECT is finished and I am halfway done! Woohoo! I am still amazed that at this point, I still have a couple of pieces that I haven't worn even once and that I still have new outfit combinations from the 50 pieces of clothes for this project.  This just goes to show that you can really do A LOT from just 50 items in your closet---so imagine the possibilities if you whittle down your closet to just 100 or 150 pieces of clothes that you really, really love and would want to wear again and again...Think of the amount of closet space that will be freed up and the freedom from mindless shopping.

As I said before, my pencil skirts are really my no-brainer, no-fail closet staple.  It's the number one item in my closet from which I base the rest of my work outfit. In other words, my pencil skirts are really my uniform.  Topped with blazers or cardigans, shirts or blouses, and of course my favorite belts, and I'm all set to go. Looks high maintenance and complicated but is actually easy and low maintenance---exactly like me :) ha ha.

That said, for week 4, I also turned to the leggings and colored denim pants in my closet and proved that they can work for the office (and yes, even a sequin top too!). 

Stay fabulous! Cheers!


..
#20. Pencil skirt + colorblocking = endless combinations
Kamiseta white cotton top
Forever 21 fuchsia blazer
SM Classics red pencil skirt
Charles and Keith belt
Necklace from The Ramp 
Beige ballet flats from bazaar
Vintage Dior purse

..
#21. Shades of Blue
Gap denim chambray shirt
Black leggings
Alexane blue jacket 
Charles and Keith bag
Coral earrings from Davao
Random cat-eye sunglasses
Topshop ballet flats

..
#22. Red, White, and Blue for Work
SM Classics pinstripe shirt
Zara white jacket  
Zara colored denim pants 
Charles and Keith bag
Random cat-eye sunglasses
Topshop ballet flats

..
#23. Black, Sequins, and Animal Print
Soiree sequined top
NY Square black zippered skirt
Atmosphere leopard print bolero
Random black and silver belt
Strappy black heels from bazaar
Charles and Keith bag


..
#24. Red, White, and Blue for the Weekend
White J. Crew shirt
Random white shorts
Cobalt blue cardigan from bazaar
Gifted red bead necklace
i2i sunnies 
Metallic silver bag from bazaar
Sperry Top-Siders

10 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you that pencil skirts are one of the most versatile piece of clothing that one can own. I used to have a lot when I was still working- ages ago... But nowadays I have skirt of all kinds and just one black pencil skirt. Still, for a full time mom/driver/tutor like me, my black skirt gets worn a lot, usually with a plain tight tee and flats.

    I love chambray button-downs, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I'll have just one pencil skirt, I'd choose a black one too :) It is super versatile---classic yet feminine :)

      Delete
  2. I love 21, 22 and 24! -B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B, I'm not surprised! Medyo style mo rin nga yan eh :) hehe. Miss you!

      Delete
  3. Hello, blondie! Your 50 for 50 Project inspired me to whittle my wardrobe down to the quality "I will love them forever" pieces vs. the "I bought this just because it costs $10 and not because I love it" pieces. Less is more! I realize I still have a lot of outfit inspirations to play around with. Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May!! :) I'm so glad this little project of mine inspired you my dear :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I'm guessing it's getting easier for you now to live with only 50 pairs of clothing. Plus I agree that pencil skirts talaga are so versatile and perfect for the office. =)

    Thank you for your well wishes! I'm still a little scared though since I will starting to rebuild my career again from scratch. Hay! The sacrifices you have to make for family. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tin! Yup, it was harder to choose the 50 pieces than to come up with the outfit combinations actually :)

      I wish you all the best in Singapore. Here's to new and fresh beginnings for you and your family!

      Delete
  5. I love all your outfits, you're really one stylish girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...