Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Snippets

 Weekend Snippets (9)
Just a few snaps from the wonderfully packed weekend.  Friday,  I was able to go the Brown Bag Vintage & Crafts Market, where I finally met Mikka of A Mischmashed Life whose blog I've been following for quite some time now. Even better, I got first dibs (and a discount too!) on the latest pieces from Carioca, a line of kimonos and caftans that she started with her sister (read about it here).  I got the Caravelas kimono in cotton fabric in my favorite animal print pattern and another one in silk fabric with a surprisingly gorgeous stripes print.  

I also came across other serendipitous finds at the bazaar, like cat-eye vintage Italian shades and handmade leather and fabric bracelets (so perfect for arm parties!).  Another favorite fab find of mine was Alunsina Handbound Books, where I scored a fully handmade journal with genuine cowhide leather only at P500!  I still open the journal from time to time just to savor the wonderful smell of the leather :).

Then dinner at Ayala Triangle Gardens with my friends ANT and S., who work near the area (and I was so engrossed with our chismis/ conversation that I forgot to take a picture!)  Then it was off to Midnight Mercato at BGC, where I went on a food trip while welcoming a friend's birthday. 

Saturday, I treated myself to lunch at Mamou in Serendra, where I remembered why their Lorenzo's Truffle Cream pasta is my favorite and of course, why their Angus Ribeye steak is one of the best in the city. Then the meal was capped off with Mamou's key lime pie (but eaten at Cafe Mary Grace, one of my favorite places for coffee). 

Sunday was spent enjoying the rainy day at home, in pajamas for most of the whole day and a good book.  It was a wonderful weekend.Hope you all had a good one too! :)


Weekend Snippets (5)
Weekend Snippets (6)
Weekend Snippets (7)
With Mikka of A Mischmashed Life and my brown paper bag of goodies from Carioca

Weekend Snippets (4)
Weekend Snippets (3)
Weekend Snippets (10)
Weekend Snippets (11)  

Weekend Snippets (12)
Weekend Snippets (14)
Weekend Snippets (16)
My new vintage Sover sunglasses
Weekend Snippets (15)
Arm party with new leather & chains
 Weekend Snippets (17)

Weekend Snippets (20) 
Weekend Snippets (22)
Weekend Snippets (21)
Sporting my Carioca kimono with random tank and leggings, sequined flats from bazaar, Cole Haan bag, and vintage Sover sunglasses


11 comments:

  1. Did she have a leopard or cheetah print kimono? I've been looking for one for ages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post!
    I´ve just met you...and I love it!!!!
    congratulations!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a really great day, sis. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mel.I think the closest to a cheetah print is the Bahia kimono (although parang more of tiger?) hehe.

    @Vera, thanks! :)

    @Silvia, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christine (Average Jane)! I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super love mamou's truffle cream pasta!! kelan na christmas party?? pwede bang sa mamou na lang ang birthday club xmas party??

    - polka -

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place looks awesome! And I want those sunglasses, too, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sis, I just updated the entry for the giveaway. Hope you could check it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy! It was wonderful meeting you! Thanks so much for braving the rain and for being our first customer! You look great in the Caravelas! 'Til the next :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...