Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Fashion Friday: Red Pants!

I've always been drawn to red---whether it comes to my things (I have a red wallet , a red phone, and I love red nail polish), makeup, fashion. I'd like to think it's one of my signature colors. So it's no surprise to me that I've been lusting after a pair of red pants. It's supposed to be a trend for fall, although in our Philippine weather, I can also see it for the summer and even to add a pop of color for our rainy season (which has been year-round these days!)

These were my pegs when I was searching for a pair: 
Isabeli Fontana_Mango
Isabeli Fontana for Mango

P1030149
Manila Fashion Observer in red Zara pants. I love this look---and the Oxfords too!
from Jak and Jil
Via Jak and Jil
And of course, red pants are just perfect paired with stripes to come up with a nautical/preppy look, which I totally adore: 
Red-pants2
Via Junialoves.com



Lucy Laught
Lucy Laught in Anna Sui
From Brooklyn Blonde on Chictopia
Brooklyn Blonde via Chictopia
I scoured the shops and found a pair of red jeans in Promod (although I didn't quite like the particular shade of red of the pants) and also in Mango (didn't like the fit of their red trousers and I didn't find the right size with their red skinny jeans). I was also still on the fence whether red pants/jeans was a basic wardrobe item so I still couldn't bring myself to shell out more than P2,000 for a pair (the price range of the ones in Promod and Mango).  So, it was lucky that I scored a pair of unbranded red stretch denim jeans while grocery shopping in Shopwise Libis.
.
The rainbow of colors was absolutely lovely, I wanted to buy one in every color.
.

The shade of red was just perfect and what's best about it is it was only P595! The fit was good---although I got a size bigger since I don't want my tummy area to be squeezed in.
.
Lately, I've been telling myself that I want to avoid as much as possible buying cheap but disposable clothes. That I would prioritize quality over quantity. However, I think for now, I'll make an exception for this pair and see for myself if it's a wardrobe staple that I want to invest in and upgrade :)
.

Stripe shirt bought from bazaar
Red pants from Shopwise
Rico Salandanan trench coat
Sperry Top-siders
Handmade bib necklace by Patricia Fernandez
Cole Haan tote

What do you think?  For more on red pants, I leave you with these lovely links:
*Salt and Prep-  Style: Red Hot

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...