Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

30 for 30 Remix Summer Edition: Week 4

What I like about remixing (especially now when I only have 30 pieces to work with) is that I'm forced to rethink my clothes and how I can wear them.  This week, the main thing I've realized is that really, there are so many ways to wear certain pieces.  For example, this dress which I found for about P200 on the colorful streets of Divisoria years ago proved to be the real deal. It can be worn not just as a tube dress but also with a halter neckline (seen in my travels here) and more than that, as a skirt (and this week, also as a skirt and paired with another dress).  I think I can even use it as a top by pairing it with a long, billowy skirt.

Aside from versatility, what I also like about remixing is that I won't be as creative in mixing and matching my clothes.  I think if you have so many clothes in your closet, the tendency is you won't think that a piece can be paired with other pieces in your closet. But because a remix like this forces you to rethink each piece, then you'd be surprised with the pairings and combinations you can come up with.

.
IMG_02021022cbcaa19911e1a92a1231381b6f02_7
#19. Weekend with the Cousins
Ikat print dress from Divisoria
Yellow cardigan from bazaar
Matthews jeweled flats
Gifted wooden bead necklace
Longchamp Le Pliage tote

.
..
#20. Masculine + Feminine
Gap denim chambray shirt
Pink pleated skirt from bazaar
Black belt from SM 
Matthews jeweled flats
Bayo bag
Ray-Ban aviators 

..
#21. Yellow, Black, and White
Yellow tie neck top from bazaar
White skirt from bazaar
Random black belt
Gifted pointed pumps
Bayo bag


IMG_0262IMG_0260
#22. Dress + Dress
Blanc et Noir white lace dress used as a top
Ikat print dress from Divisoria used as a skirt 
Celine wedge heelts
Charles and Keith belt
Black bag from The Landmark
Necklace from bazaar
Random sunglasses 

IMG_8298
IMG_8301.
#23. Girly Color Block
Sheer white top with Peter Pan collar from bazaar 
Pink pleated skirt from bazaar
Bayo satchel 
Ray-Ban Wayfarers 
Yellow flats from bazaar 

Ladies who lunch (we wish!!)
.
#24. Dress as Top
Vestito black jersey dress worn as top
Apartment 8 peplum skirt
Charles and Keith black wedge pumps
Necklace from bazaar
Belt from SM 
LV Speedy


2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using the ikat print dress as halter top and maxi skirt! Thanks for the tip, Juds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...