Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

30 for 30 Remix Challenge: The Summer Edition

{Via Kendi Everyday}

So here it is, the pieces for my Summer Edition of the 30 for 30 remix challenge. A few months  ago, I was inspired to remix by closet by the blog Kendi Everday but I put my own twist to it and came up with my own challenge, which I called the "50 for 50 Project".  After I accomplished my goal for that fashion challenge, I decided to take on Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge at its purest form---take 30 pieces from the closet (including shoes) and make 30 outfits from the 30 pieces. And to not go shopping for new clothes during the challenge (or at least try not to).

Doing this during the summer brings an extra level of challenge because with the hot, humid weather here in Manila, I can't really do a lot of layering.  So, it's all about versatile pieces and mixing and matching. But hey, that's what the challenge is all about---to help me rediscover my closet and to learn how to work with just a few pieces (to read about why Kendi herself has done this remix challenge, go here).

 For this Summer Edition, here's my line-up: 
 
Tops: 
1. Forever 21 purple asymmetrical top
2. Coco Cabana white cotton sleeveless top
3. Sheer black sleeveless top with white collar & piping from bazaar
4. Tomato cobalt blue top
5. White sheer long sleeved top with black Peter Pan collar from bazaar
6. The Ramp white wraparound shirt
7. Yellow tie neck top from bazaar
8. Gap denim chambray shirt
9. Colorblock top from bazaar
10. Zara breton shirt
11. Yellow cardigan from bazaar

Dresses:
12. Encore coral dress 
13. Blanc et Noir white lace dress
14. Vestito black asymmetrical jersey dress
15.  Ikat print dress from Divisoria 

Bottoms: 
16. Printed cotton circle skirt from The Landmark
17. Apartment 8 peplum printed skirt
18. SM Classics black pencil skirt 
19. White pencil skirt with black accent from bazaar
20. Pink pleated skirt from bazaar
21. Fuchsia pink pencil skirt from The Landmark
22. Colorblock pleated skirt from bazaar
23. Abercrombie & Fitch white cotton skirt
24. Plains and Prints white trousers

Shoes: 
25. Celine red peep toe heels
26. Charles and Keith black wedge pumps
27. CMG Matthews bejeweled flat sandals
28. Celine nudge peep toe wedges
29. Gifted pointy black pumps
30. Yellow flats from bazaar 

Summer is almost about to be over and I'm now more than two weeks into this style challenge.  Assuming that I will come up with 6 outfits every week, then I will be done in 5 weeks. Easier than my 8-week long 50 for 50 Project surely! And unlike my previous challenge where I was quite strict with myself that I will not wear other outfits except for travel, this time I want to go easier on myself. As much as possible, I will wear the pieces from the challenge. But if there's a day when I absolutely just want to wear something else, I'll do that too since this is not a 30-outfits-in-30-days challenge but just a 30 outfit challenge.

And unlike in my 50 for 50 Project where there were pieces I ended up using only once, in this challenge, I want to be able to wear each piece at least twice.

I will give weekly outfit updates and recap them at the finale, where I will also share with you the style lessons and tips I've learned from this challenge and from the 50 for 50 Project as well. Wish me luck! :) Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...